Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dumb blonde/heart attack/ligh bulb moment . . .

I had the craziest and dumbest thing happen to me today! I wanted to take my camera with me to work today so I could run by Costco on the way home to have my photos converted to a CD. I normally don't take my purse to work, but I did today just to make the camera and my wallet easier to carry. By the time I carry my work bag with laptop, snacks/drinks, etc. into work, I almost need a shopping cart to push it all! So, today I decided to leave my purse, with wallet and camera, in my car at the office (which I NEVER do). I purposely parked right outside of an office near my desk so I could see if anything fishy was going on. I had a couple of griddles and bowls that I needed to take to my car from a breakfast we did yesterday, so I went out about 5 pm and first noticed that the passenger side window was down! I actually expected to look in to see broken glass and my purse gone (heart attack moment)! I will have to repent for some of the words I said! I was relieved to see my purse still on the floor tucked slightly under the seat, but I expected the wallet to be gone. I was shocked to see that everything was in tact and couldn't figure out what the heck was going on . . . especially since the driver's side window was also down! The only thing I could think was that someone had taken my keys from my coat pocket and played a little prank! When I went back in to grab my laptop, I asked Tom about it since the car was parked outside of his office. He said he didn't notice anything, but did mention that with some cars, the windows will go down if you press and hold the unlock button on the little remote (light bulb moment)! How the heck could I have not known that (dumb blonde)???! I tried it and sure enough, my car does that! I'm sure that's what happened and I think it must have just happened on my way out to the car since I think I would have noticed earlier if they had been down. I must have pressed it while trying to hold on to the griddles and bowls. It was a huge relief, but I was still dang sick about it!

After all that I couldn't take the time for Costco since I needed to pick up the kids. Needless to say, it will be a long time before I leave my purse in my car again. I've also been wondering what other cool things my remote can do . . . surely they can think of something better than rolling down the windows (like buckling my kids in their seats or turning on the defrost)! So my question is, did all of you know that some cars have that feature and if your car has it, have you ever used it?? I really need to read my car manual one of these days!

3 comments:

Becky Gray said...

Funny story. I had no idea your car remote could do that. I will have to check my remote too. We need to go visit teaching. What is your mid-week schedule during the day???

The Widerbergs said...

I've never heard of that - now I'll have to go check and see if my car does that!!

Laura Jett said...

oh my gosh! That is so crazy!! I heard some cars did that, but wouldn't have thought about it myself unless my salesman specifically pointed it out to me while i was buying the car! lol. I'm glad nobody DID break into your car! (We've had our cars broken into 4 times in the past 4.5 years we've been married! It's not fun!:P )