I'd keep him fed, I'd keep him wet. I'd fill his bowl up to the rim and all day long he'd dive and swim. I'd feed him food from a little box and watch him play among the rocks. I'd love my little gold fish so, as round and round his bowl he'd go!"
Oh, we know the words so well! They come from a 99 cent board book from Walmart about a girl that wants a gold fish. Mason loves going to Petco to watch the fish swim around and we told him that when he is potty trained he can get a fish, but he hasn't seemed to care so much about that. Dan took him there today and they came home with a Beta fish. They're very low maintenance and don't require much more than cool water and a couple of tiny pieces of food. Dan waited until Mason was in bed to transfer him to his bowl, so I'll get photos of them tomorrow.
Several weeks ago we asked Mason what he'd name his fish when we got one and he said 'Bish' (which is how he pronounces fish). So, unless he comes up with something else in the next couple of days, we'll have Bish the Fish. I should put a survey up so you can guess how long the fish will live or how long it will take for Mason to tip the bowl over on the counter!
Dan didn't leave my hanging--he bought Mason a fish, but he brought me chocolate peanut butter cup Coldstone! Yummy!
A couple of cute things Mason has done lately . . . the other day we were doing laundry and when we're washing his blankets he really likes to help. He had been downstairs playing during the day and when I went down to switch laundry that evening, I found that he had moved some clothes from the washer to the dryer (mixed with the dry clothes). There were also wet clothes on the floor and some still in the washer. I guess he didn't want to finish! I hope to someday find that he not only dried the clothes but that he folded them and put them away!
On a couple of the Blue's Clue's episodes, Steve rubs his hands together and blows in them when he's cold. The other day I was changing him and the wipes were kind of cold so he started blowing in his hands and rubbing them together. He also did it outside today when he ran out to get the paper. It's funny what they pick up. I said 'crap' today when he was paying attention, so I'm really surprised he didn't repeat it! I guess those are the times I'm glad he doesn't talk much!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I love the story of the fish... Beta fish live forever!!! Once Rob was bringing a beta home in a fishbowl and it jumped out, it was drying up and stuck to the carpet. But it survived. We named him Lucky.
How fun to have a pet. Fish are great. I told Chris that fish are the only pet our children will be able to have. No more dogs for us, they are more work than kids. What a nice husband to bring you a treat too!
Hey cute blog! I hope you don't mind I added it to my list :) Must be something in the water over there by the primary room... watch out!!
When Madi was potty trained her grandma asked her what she wanted for a gift. She said she wanted a fish named Pokey. So cute. Anyway, when I was cleaning the bowl (which only happened when people where coming over) I accidently dumped the fish is the sink with all the water. I refused to stick my hand down there, so I turned the disposal on (winner, huh). I left the water running and told Madi everything would be ok. I called my sister-in-law and asked her to pick another one up for me. Madi thought with water running, it was saving the fish. She had no clue and to this day still doesn't know ..... SHHHHHHH!
Point of story: Pay attention when cleaning the dang fish bowl or .... YIKES!
I love Bish the fish! That's SO cute!
That's so funny...I was at Walmart the other day and Cade totally wanted a fish, too. I almost bought a Betta for the same reasons. Good pet for a kid. And cheap, too! :)
Post a Comment