I'm going to attempt to catch our blog up! I have tons of photos from September (a busy month as always), so bear with me! On the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, we went to Swiss Days real quick on our way to Bear Lake. It was crazy busy at Swiss Days, so it was almost impossible to get the stroller through the crowd and even harder to get it into any booths. Luckily, that helped me avoid spending much money there! We got to Bear Lake in the late afternoon, but we were able to spend a couple of hours at the Ideal Beach Resort private beach. It was nice to have a huge area to ourselvles. Tristyn as a little hesitant in the sand to begin with, but it didn't take her long to dive in. Mason had fun running out in the water and kept saying 'so far' when he got far from shore. Dan tried and tried to build a sand castle, but Mason really enjoyed dumping water on it. We did come across a huge sandcastle that another group had left. Mason wanted to wreck it too, but luckily I got to him soon enough! The kids also had a great time at the resort playground. I think it was both kids' first time on a merry-go-round.
On Sunday we visited Diane and Emelia in Logan before they headed to SV for my nephew Braxton's birthday. Mason and Emelia are just 8 days apart, so they'll both be turning 4 soon (I don't know why I didn't take photos at breakfast--probably just trying to keep the kids under control). That evening we took grandma and grandpa Higbee's 4-wheelers out to Wellsville Reservoir to feed the ducks and play at the playground. Mason looks awesome in his helmet. I'm surprised he'll even wear it! 
Labor Day is when Wellsville celebrates their Founders Day, so they had festivities galore! On Monday morning we went to the parade. Mason didn't enjoy the noisy vehicles that started the parade (especially the cowboys and Indians that shot blanks). He made Dan cover his ears for the first half of the parade . . . until he realized they were throwing candy! It didn't take him long to get down in the street and grab what candy he could! Tristyn even joined in and picked up a couple of pieces herself (hmm, I just remembered that their bag of candy is still in the cupboard). When Big Blue went by, I ran out to have Dan take a photo, but Mason freaked out and arched his back away from the bull. I should have just had him say 'Go Aggies'. After the parade we let Mason go on a few of the carnival type rides. He loved the little ride that shot him up and down (shown in the collage). He didn't do so well with the timed toys ($3 for 5 minutes)--we had to drag him out every time.

We also played games with our friends, the Rigby's while we were there. It was a super fun, and super busy weekend! At least the kids slept well for a few days!

No comments:
Post a Comment