Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The best time of day . . . NAP TIME!!

Today is the first day that I've been home alone all day with both kids and somehow managed to get them to nap at the same time! Neither of them are getting as much attention as I'd like to give them, but things have gone pretty well so far. It was a bit challenging when they both woke up at the same time! I hung out with Mason in his room for a while, but he was pretty upset when I had to go get Tristyn. After she ate, he led me to her bassinet and tried to get me to put her down so I could go back and play in his room. Nevermind that he hasn't been outside all day and has spent the majority of the day playing the computer and fast forwarding through one DVD after another (he just likes to dance through the credits). Hopefully Dan will be up for taking him outside to play for a while when he gets home!

He's asleep on the floor, but at least his sleeping!!! Since I mentioned the computer--he likes to play his Nemo game and is really good at lining up colored wheels, following Dory's pattern as she jumps on jellyfish, and clicking on the correct color totem. He also likes to play on noggin.com and he has figured out several of the games without assistance from us. He matches Blue's clothes, jumps from vine to vine, colors Japanese lanterns, watches all sorts of Noggin videos, and finds new things all the time. Today he was playing a new Diego game where he had to guide the sea turtle with the mouse so it could eat the jellyfish. He thought it was really funny when the turtle ate garbage and fell to the bottom of the screen!

She sleeps for 3-4 hours, wakes up and poops, eats, maybe looks around for a while, then sleeps for another 3-4 hours! I can't wait until I can get her fingernails short enough that she won't scratch her face. She hates the gloves and I wish I could remember to take them off for photos!

So how have I spent naptime?? I caught a 3 o'clock shower (and was finally able to shave my legs!) and have been blogging and editing pictures! I'm seriously considering joining them, though!

No comments: